The bulk of your costs occur at the time of project implementation but these costs get locked in much earlier in the investigation and negotiation process.
Your schedule is sensitive to design changes, regulatory approvals, and permitting but you have a completion date required by an order or to meet your occupancy date and pro forma.
At CRETE, our extensive implementation experience allows us to identify key cost and schedule drivers. We identify the key issues early in the project lifecycle and manage those issues to achieve a positive outcome.
CRETE can help you save money and stay on schedule.
- Treatment by Generator saved client $3 million at this railroad derailment and spill site
- Use of TSCA Reinterpretation saves $1 million in demolition and disposal costs
- In-place stabilization of TCLP metals in soil reduces disposal costs by 75%
- Treatment by Generator allowed disposal of these sediments in a confined disposal facility
- Contained-In Determinations allow cost-effective redevelopment and installation of public utility infrastructure
- Negotiated that RCRA F-waste listings were not applicable to soil and groundwater, and used physical criteria to minimize K001 volume
- Understanding TPH composition allows effective design of permeable reactive barrier.
- Evaluation demonstrates dioxin/furan chemical fingerprint is representative of background
Groundwater/Surface Water Interaction
- Non-potability determination allows evaluation of groundwater to surface water attenuation
- Evaluation of attenuation of groundwater discharges to tidal surface waters demonstrates compliance with surface water criteria
- Use of innovative sampling and analytical techniques demonstrates compliance with water quality criteria for metals, TPH, and lipophilic organics
Capping Soft Sediment
- Innovative geotechnical testing demonstrates ability to effectively cap very soft sediment
- Maintaining focus on redevelopment and habitat enhancements streamlines cleanup negotiation process
- Stakeholder engagement during due diligence process helps identify key schedule and cost issues
- In-situ soil mixing provides cost-effective treatment and geotechnical ground improvement
- On-site reuse and containment of low-level impacted soil reduces disposal and clean fill costs
Protection of Active Operations
- Containment using innovative funnel and gate system protects railroad mainline
- Managing cleanup of a large toluene spill during railroad mainline repair while preventing a fiber-optics communication failure due to chemical incompatibility
- Landfill relocation and stormwater upgrades performed at operating steel mill to allow expansion
- Cleanup of an urban park occurs during winter and the park is restored before July 4th celebration
- Integration of enhanced stormwater treatment features with redevelopment increases development footprint
- Stormwater treatment upgrades integrated with mill expansion help address contribution to Superfund site
- Bidding of multi-year construction contract saves on design and construction costs and accelerates schedule
- Design-build approach saves on design and bidding costs and allows selection of best qualified contractors